Tuesday, August 4, 2009

North to Abilene on a Sunday


Hello Dear Reader (s),

Poppi/Bob/Dad and I traveled to Abilene on Sunday, August 2 to attend the Abilene Free Fair open horse show. I got up at 5 and Toby and I drove over to H & B's. Toby spent the day with Polly and Bob and I went to Abilene. Mimi/Helen/Mom held down the "fort" so to speak. We got to Abilene about 10 a.m. and enjoyed every moment we were there. The first picture is Rachel and Diddy, what a good boy on his first "show" weekend.

We missed seeing Rachel show the pretty mare, Diva, so all of the pictures with Rachel are with Diddy, cool name. The picture of the three horses include Diddy and Rachel, far left and Megan and Tucker, far right.

Then of course there is a picture of Rachel and her "I won the horse judging contest" trophy and if you know us, you know the rest of the people in the pictures.

I had a fabulous time at the fair. We ate Robin's wonderful vegetable entry, delicious round cucumbers, why do they grow any other kind? It made me think of a time, years ago when we were at the Wilson County Fair and as I remember, we were with Beth and ate her 4-H entry... I hope after it was judged.

Robin was robbed of the recognition she should have gotten for her "fish" and her flowers and I'm sure no one's tomatoes tasted better. An added plus was the opportunity to talk briefly with Amanda, made a perfect day even better. As I write this, favorite family are scattering across the globe, travel safely. You are much loved. p






2 comments:

  1. I found the blog!! Great pictures, it makes me feel like I was there (well, almost). Glad you had fun, tell Mimi and Poppi that I love them!!
    Miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty Pi! See a math reference rather than a food reference...things can change. Love the flamingo/point/shoot photo!

    ReplyDelete