Sunday, May 30, 2010

the rest of my birthday story






Ok, finally, the pictures arrived... the sunflower card is from the bank, I got two from them, I don't have an explanation for that. Then O'donna and Bill sent me a card with the cutest dog and a caption that reads Celebrate like someone forgot to lock the gate... love it! A "rock" from Kathy in honor of our gardening partnership and hopeful harvest. The cover of the selected music cd that Rachel and Amanda sent. Robin sent me a great box, artfully decorated that contained a movie and a game that will be enjoyed immensely as well as a watercolor of one of the iris that Terry, Robin and I "rescued" from Mrs. Adelgren's (Bill's second grade teacher I think) a few weeks ago, in a packet of artistic drawings, collages and other creative interpretations of things known and non known. Appreciated and now the painting is clipped on the painting holder and every time I look at it I smile. I had more delicious birthday cake for supper and a news worthy and very welcomed phone call from Amanda from the far and distant state of Washington USA. All in all, best birthday ever. From my pinnacle of advancing years, one bit of advice, when talking about time, spend joyfully rather than killing even a minute.. Wishing you all the best, ap/p

2 comments: