Thursday, September 24, 2009

Moving on to Fall in Toronto

Hello Dear Reader(s),

When I drove west out of Yates Center last evening, it was towards a spectacular sunset outlined by sunflowers in full bloom and the beautiful prairie grasses. With the windows down and Toby with his head in the breeze we motored home on the gravel road. Toby got pretty excited when we saw the deer mama and her twins sprint along side then across the road to the cottonwood trees on our place. All four of our boys in the front pasture lifted their heads when I went by. As I drove around by Frog Pond, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw my pretty black mare sillouetted against the sunset. As I drove slowly on toward the house, I stopped to watch a flock of geese fly by. I've been gone for 3 days and I smile every time I come home.

This has been a summer to remember with the timely and plentiful rains that should offer us a memorable view from our deck this fall as we watch the foliage change colors around Lake Fegan. Come visit. ap

No comments:

Post a Comment