Saturday, April 30, 2011

see the birdie in the tree

See the birdie in the tree?
This glorious pheasant is in the top of the tree about 30 feet above my head.
Beautiful plumage. Mike Hamman, Lone Pine, raises pheasants. He released about a dozen extras at the end of his season on our place... his new baby chicks come in on Tuesday. Not much of a break.
He's in sillouette, but his beauty still shines. We took a pup out to look for them, she found a covey of quail instead... not a bad trade. ap/p








2 comments:

  1. 'tis indeed a beautiful bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is called "content lite"... I should have posted the picture of the raccoon that visited our yard this weekend. I think the wildlife just circles us... it wouldn't take long for them to take over if we let down our guard and turn off the lights... Do you remember reading "into the woods", I think it was... oh my...

    ReplyDelete